1/08/2009

This is the first time I write a blog, I would like to talk somethings about myself. My name is Hooi Ying .I’m from Butterworth, Penang. There are a lot of famous and delicious food in my home town. That’s why I still can’t suit myself with KL food because it lack of home-feel food. Kuala Lumpur is more crowded than Penang and the things here are also more expansive than Penang. For example, a glass of fruits juice in ‘kopitiam’ costs RM1.50 in Penang while in KL it costs RM3.50.But KL is quiet a good place for students to study here because there are many advanced technology teaching materials here that make students more understand about the lessons. Morever, more people at KL communicate with English , that can help me to improve my speaking with using English.

My family consists of six members including me. My father is a businessman who sells electronic equipments while my mother is a housewife. I am the eldest child in my house followed by my sister who is sixteen years old another sister who is twelve years old. My brother is the youngest in our family. I like drawing and listening to music when I have free times. This will help me to release my tension and stress after a whole day study. Besides, I also like watching movie with my friends when free. I knew many friends since I studied in KBU International College in Julai of 2008.Most of them are JPA scholars. We will help each other when we do not understand the lessons. All of my friends are very hardworking , this forced me to work as hard as them to get a better result.

Now , I am still study in KBU International College which located in Petaling Jaya , near One Utama shopping mall. I always spend my weekends with my friends shopping there. Most of my friends stayed in student houses that prepared by JPA. It was a two and a half storey house seems like a banglow.It shocked me when the first time I saw it because it was very big and beautiful. There are fourteen students lived in one house while each house has five rooms. Besides school, I usually study in my room at the third floor in student house. Every day , I will spend at least two hours for revision, study and do my homework after school. Normally, I will study for one and a half hours without break. I think the best time for me to study is in the morning after I have my breakfast. This is because I feel more energenic and can be more concentrate to my study after I eat my breakfast.

I prefer study alone in room compared to group study because it make me feel more relax .I always feel stress when I study with my friends because I afraid I cannot do as well as them. I can’t concentrate to my study when there was a loud sound around me or people chatting beside me. Sometimes when I feel pressure , I will chat with my friends who stay in Butterworth and tell them my problems through handphone. They will always give me some advices . I also tell them about my life at here and we will share our secrets. Sometimes when the lecturer gives an assignments , firstly I will discuss with my friends and ask about their opinion. Secondly I will collect some data from references books before I do the assignment. It will take me about three hours to do the assignments. On average , I can do about two assignments in one evening.


I hope that I can do better in this new year because I believe that I can get better rewards as I work harder for it.I will try to improve my four language skills by read more , speak more and practise more.All this will help me do well in my exam. I also hope to attend a tuisyen class if i have a chance. But at student house, it is inconvinient to go any places without a car.Therefore I have no chance to go for a tuisyen. In summary , i will try my best in all subjects I have to study this year.

1 comment:

  1. You should be more open to express yourself freely. My dear, you sounded so formal here. x_x

    ReplyDelete